Palace Pointe has implemented a month-long campaign to assist with, and raise community awareness about, the
increased number of families needing support from area food pantries. In cooperation with Christian Help Center of Roxboro NC, which has seen an increase in families needing food and monetary support from 484 in May/June/July 2013 to 1017 during the same period in 2014, Palace Pointe is a food drop location, and is sponsoring a Cornhole Tournament Fundraiser on Saturday, October 11, 12-4pm.
WHO: Palace Pointe family entertainment center; Christian Help Center, 122 Depot Street, Roxboro.
WHAT: Cornhole Tournament & Food Pantry Fundraiser at Palace Pointe. Also:
- Food donation in the main courtyard throughout October
- Weekly “Wacky Wednesday” items to bring for free admission to roller skating will also be donated to Christian Help Center.
WHY: The number of families needing support from the Christian Help Center food pantry has more than
doubled from 484 to 1017 in the last year.
- The pre-holiday time period is traditionally a low time for food donations from the public, and
stocks are seriously depleted.
- As cold weather approaches, these families will need help
donations of non-perishable foods and cash are both welcome.
- There is a special need for pinto beans, peas and green beans, as well as mac-and-cheese.
WHERE: Palace Pointe, 5050 Durham Road, Roxboro NC
WHEN: Saturday, October 11; event runs 12-4pm, tournament begins at 1pm
HOW: $20 minimum donation to enter the tournament, which includes lunch.
- Open to individuals and teams.
- Registration Saturday, October 11,
- Cash prizes for winners: 1st place wins 25% of total donations, 2nd place wins $40, 3rd place $20.
- All profits will be donated to Christian Help Center.
- Food donation box will also be set up that day, along with free family games and music.
For more information please contact Wendy Harrington at (919) 754-5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org